BLOGGER TEMPLATES Memes

Sunday 4 November 2012

NaNoWriMo-Day 4 Post

Dear lovely readers,

I haven't updated for four days, so let me start of by a word count- 9061 words.

So far I've learned that making the average for a day isn't as hard as I initially thought it would be. So I'm just doing as much as I can squeeze in in a day, and hoping that that is approx. 2000 words. I've also learned I have completely deviated from my initial word progression idea.^^'  Oh well.

I got to thinking this morning, in the haste of doing everything, about the first novel I ever tried to write. I had this dinosaur computer, that had two games and Microsoft word on it- that's right, not even internet. So, I decided to start a story in grade 5, March 2007, on the crappy dinosaur computer. I never finished it, but I got I think 13 chapters in-and they were short, trust me this was no work of art. I called the thing Camp Frightmare, and my main character was a girl named Jamie. The idea behind this were a bunch of kids had to pick camps to go to before school was out or they wouldn't be able to go to a camp, and everyone was expected to sign up. those who didn't, or were too indecisive, got to go to this monster horror camp that there were a million rumours about. Those who have read the kids book, Teacher from the Black Lagoon, it kind of had a feel like that. Now the reason I never finished this was that my dad threw out the dinosaur computer one day when I wasn't there to stop him, and bam, the story with it. I didn't even have a hotmail or email at that time, so no, I didn't think to save it elsewhere. I went to write it all again, but found that I couldn't and that it would never have been as good as the original.

I think that that was an important milestone for me, when all of it went down. It adds to the reason I still write. The reason why I want to publish something by the time I'm 18. I write, and that's what I do.

0 comments: